- Determine if the application is bearing and wear or structural.
- Consider thermal requirements of your application (maximum conditions, minimum conditions and service temperatures).
- Consider chemical and environmental requirements.
- Understand other specific requirements such as (Tensile Strength, Compressive Strength, Flexural modulus, and CLTE).
- Keep in mind availability of material sizes and shapes.
- Consider the machinability of your application. Determining if the material will allow for tolerances and specifications required for the finished product.
Once again Tamshell has skilled professionals that are ready to help with new and existing applications. Please contact us with any questions that you may have. You can also review our material guide section for downloads and other material information.